Monday, September 26, 2011

Back it up V2

The Safari browser is nothing special.   It has every feature I would expect it to.   It does one thing for me that is very very very annoying and confusing.

On your iOS device, open up news.google.com.   This is my favorite news aggregation service and I check it multiple times per day.

Click on your favorite news story, read it.

Try and go back to the original news feed.


Since the iPhone lacks a back button, you can't just press back to go back to your original article after the browser opens a new window.  

You have to press the 'windows' button in the lower right, then go search for your original thread of articles. 






You then get to search through the other 7 windows to find which one you were at originally.   

Oh!  Look we have a "back" button that says "done" in the lower right.  First time I've seen that one....
















I wish i could install a third party browser... o no wait, apple doesn't allow it because their way is the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment