Sunday, September 18, 2011

Place your bets!

We went to Octoberfest this weekend.   We had 4 phones with about 40%-60% battery battery at 6PM.

1) Droid X 70% battery
2) LG G2X unknown battery %
3) Samsung Infuse 40% battery
4) My iPhone 4 60% battery

Place your bets on who's battery lasted the longest. 

Wait...

Wait..

So here is the story with each phone.

My wife dropped her G2X in the porta-poddy about 10:00PM.    She forfeit.

The Samsung Infuse lasted until about 12:00 before the battery died.   No special story here.

My iPhone 4 died around 10PM.   Really?   I didn't even use the thing?

My buddies droid X made it all the way until 3 AM.   He still had 7% battery life left, but just to rub it in my face, he took his extra battery out of his wallet and put it in the phone.   He had 100% at 3AM without ever charging.

My experience so far with the iPhones battery has been really disapointing.   Its always been touted to me as a phone with a "magical" battery.   I'm starting to believe this phone's battery is jsut average all the time.   However if you do your research online there are many tests sayings its better than average.   I just dont get it.

I reccomend to ANY android user to get extra batteries and an external charger on ebay for $12.   The batteries are the thickness of about 3 credit cards.  I tell guys to remove three cards from their wallet (blockbuster card, library card and maybe a gift card?).   I tell women to just find a place in their purse.    Replaceable batteries are one of the best things available.

1 comment:

  1. For those that care, at 6:45 this morning my phone was fully charged. It is now two hours later and at 79%.

    I've made a few calls, but in general used it less than my favorite android phone. At this rate it will be dead by 4:00 pm.

    ReplyDelete