Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Wife's G2x

I just though I'd make a quick note about my wife's toilet phone.

The LG G2x was T mobiles hottest phone for April.  It was a dual core, 4" LCD, yadda yadda yadda, android phone.

The phone was a piece of crap.    It had bugs galore, even after the maintenance update.   The screen was awful,  it was HUGE and heavy for what it was, and I've mentioned a number of times on this blog how I thought i needed glasses to use it after my iPhone screen.

We couldn't plug it into a computer because I couldn't find the drivers for the mass storage mode on the internet.

Given the choice between that phone and my iPhone 4, I would probably take the iPhone (that is a big statement for me).

When she told me she dropped it in the toilet, I said to myself, GOOD!

I've said this a number of times.   You are always safe buying a GOOGLE NEXUS PHONE.   If your not going to do that, follow these recommendations.

1) Always buy from a top tier manufacturer (Motorolla, Samsung or HTC)
2) Always buy a top tier device, some devices are made for entry level.   The giveaway is when it is a just released phone for less than $98.  Top tier devices can be FREE on sale or on amazonwireless.com.  When they are free, they are often a few months old, which is fine.   Top tier iPhones are always $200 no matter how old they are.
3) Never root/jailbreak your phone

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, after we did the maintenance update, I was able to plug it in/connect it to my computer. Maybe it was just too new when we first got it? We did get it before it was technically released...

    ReplyDelete