Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Basic features

For the past three weeks, I've been checking the email on my phone and wondering why I got new emails, but did not hear them.  I would turn the volume all the way up and still miss emails!

Today I figured it out.

The notification volume for SMS and email is the same no matter what.    It is too quiet for my truck and I miss emails all the time.

I have two CHOICES for Notificaiton and SMS volume on my iphone.
1) On
2) Off / vibrate

On my android phone I have virtually unlimited possibilities.  Super Mario "one ups" is one of my favorite.

1) I can chose my notification tone, anything I can think of
2) I can vibrate the phone AND have sound notification
3) I can turn the volume down all the way, but still barely noticeable (at a library or something)
4) I can turn off SMS and email notification, but leave on the ringtone (good for night time)

I feel like iOS leaves out basic features and dont understand why these phones are perceived as "industry leading"

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment