Tuesday, September 13, 2011

An interesting post from some guy.

To be honest, I was googling around the internet this morning looking for something positive to post about (i dont have any ideas).   Coming from the Android OS i feel like i've been such a downer on iOS.   Here is an interesting post i found.


Why I love my Android, but bought my wife an iPhone


Reasons he bought his wife an iPhone:


Note that most of these do not apply to the Google Nexus series of phones.  The Nexus phones have no bloatware, no skins, always get updates first, and all apps work for them.   The Nexus phones are as close to android running-iPhones as you can get.  If you like the stability of an iPhone, but want Android, get the upcoming Nexus Prime.  Personally, I will never get my wife any phone but a Nexus phone ever again. *more on this later




  • I don't want to give my wife a phone crammed with bloatware. I don't want to try and explain why that stupid Verizon bookmark will never go away, or why VZ Navigator is stuck there, even though she'll never use it.




  • I don't want to ever be concerned about wether or not she's going to get the latest software and OS updates. I don't want to tell her that the cool new feature that they just announced may not be coming to her phone at all because the manufacturer is too lazy to update it.




  • I don't want her to deal with a buggy, bloated skin. I don't want to have to explain why my phone looks and acts different than her phone which looks and acts different than her parents phone, even though they're all on the same OS.




  • I don't want to EVER tell her that she needs to pull her battery to get her phone to respond again. I've needed to do that weekly in the past with my Droid X (before I started using custom ROMS).




  • I don't want her to worry about wether or not an app in the store will actually work on her phone. I don't want her to pay for something only to have it crash and burn when she tries to run it, because it was developed on Phone X and she has Phone Y.




  • Basically: I don't want to give her a phone that needs maintenance, by me or anyone else. It's a freaking PHONE! If she has to keep running to her geeky husband just to keep it running, it has failed in the most fundamental way possible.







  • Reasons the Author loves his droid




    • I don't want to ask permission (much less pay) for the "privilege" of running a program that I built on my phone.
    • I don't want to be told that I can't run something just because I didn't get it through their "official channels." If I find a cool project online, who are you to tell me I can or can't try it?
    • I don't want to ship my phone off for a week because my battery died.
    • I don't want to pay through the nose just to get more storage.
    • I don't want to have to use some proprietary cable when I have several perfectly good micro USB cables lying around.
    • I don't want to be forced to use a particular music, email, browser, or messaging app just because the phone maker doesn't like competition.
    • I don't want to lose my widgets! Holy crap, how do you people live without them?
    • Basically: I view my phone as a small computer, and I want to treat it as such! I don't mind a bit of tweaking and fiddling in order to have more control over my device.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment