Friday, September 9, 2011

Display resolution.

I've been using this iPhone for a week now, and the display resolution is quite outstanding.  As I mentioned before, it has 326 pixels per inch.

The average Android phone has around 180.

My thinking since June 2010 has been "do we really need a screen that looks good under a microscope?  really?

The answer is yes, yes you do.

I used my wife's phone for the first time last night, and i thought I needed glasses!

That being said, If you never use 326 PPI, then 180 PPI looks fine.   However going from one back to the other is kind of crazy.

Luckily, the upcoming Nexus Prime is rumored to have a 720P SAMOLED+ screen at 341 PPI that will rock the iPhones world!*  Props to Apple for setting REALLY innovating in this area, not just saying they innovated  It has take the rest of the mobile industry 15 months to catch up, just like with iPad.

326 PPI with a low resolution YouTube app just makes me giggle on the inside.

*assumes iphone 5 keeps the same display

No comments:

Post a Comment