Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Damn you auto correct!

I never really understood how some of the mistakes at http://damnyouautocorrect.com/ can happen.   Now i know.

When sending an SMS, if the last word of the text is mis-spelled (or in my case spelled correctly, I typed "st" for street) then the iPhone will automatically correct the mispelling, then send your SMS.

I had typed "14124 se insley st" and pressed send.  It automatically "corrected" "st" to "at" and sent

"14124 se insley at"

The image in this post is a perfect example.   The sender mis-spelled evacuate and pressed "send."  The iPhone made the best "correction" and sent the SMS before the sender had a chance to review it.

I'm grasping at straws here, but seriously?  Note that auto-correct is easy to turn off, but there is no way to disable the above mentioned problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment