Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Superphone Returns - How much do you love _____?

I returned the iPhone the other night.  It was actually cheaper to return than any Android phone I've returned.   They charged 10%.   Other phones are a flat $35.   I did not say goodbye and I do not miss it.

I was SO happy to have my android back.  My friends asked me what I missed the most.

I said on a large scale, I missed apps abilities to integrate with the system (for example desksms)

On a small scale I missed Swype

Today I was thinking.    How much do I love my Android phones?  How much do people love their iPhones?  How much do people love their blackbackberries?

There is no way to quantify this, so I made one up.

How much would somebody have to pay me to use an iPhone 4 for two years?   The answer I can up with was about $1500, plus getting the phone for free, for a net price of 1699.

So if somebody paid me $1699 i would use an iPhone 4 for 2 years, no exceptions.

Here are some more examples...  Note these are all personal, but I encourage you to put prices on your own vices.

$2500 to not drink soda for two years
I would PAY $800 to use a macbook air for two years (macbook airs are $1300)
$1,000,000 to not drive for two years (i would have to close my business)
$10,000 to be a vegetarian for two years
$1000 to not eat fast food for two years
$3000 to not play video games for two years
$15,000 to wake up at 5:00 AM for two years


In other words, I would rather use an iPhone than not drink soda for two years, or, I would rather use a macbook air than anything else on the list.

Anybody have some fun examples?

No comments:

Post a Comment